Sunday, March 23, 2014

Running Reflection: March 17th - 23rd

This was a funky week, friends. I was simultaneously motivated to exercise while being completely unprepared (gear-wise) for runs in the cold, windy (and/or rainy) afternoons that presented themselves this week (after sunshiney early afternoons). I missed the majority of my goals but I'm regrouping and ready to rock it out next week.

Treated myself to these puppies this week. I basically lived in them all day yesterday after my Saturday long run!


I also got together with my Gametiime running buddy (Lindsay) to see Divergent last night. It's the first time I've done a social outing with a friend I made via running, and it was a blast. The movie was excellent (for easily-amused-by-films me) and Lindsay and I both were able to catch up during the pre-movie show and previews. Can't wait to fangirl with her again, soon!

Lindsay's in the middle, I'm on the left! October, 2013.

Here's how my week of training went:
  • Monday: "Just wasn't into it" rest day.
  • Tuesday: 4.0 miles / 10:01 pace. My running buddy ramped up her pace by 17 seconds per mile, despite serious elevation gain!
  • Wednesday: 35 minutes on the elliptical between meetings. I'm kind of surprised this happened.
  • Thursday: 50 minutes on the elliptical. Was planning on a run, but wasn't prepared for the wind chill (only capris and a running tee). Could've done it, but would've been miserable.
  • Friday: 3.4 miles / 9:39 pace. Decided to prep a bit for Saturday's killer trail run by running the trails around my parents' house before dinner. I'm 100% positive the run did not preemptively undo the damage done by Mom's "two pie Friday."
  • Saturday: 11.2 miles / 13:05 pace. During this run I learned the difference between running on flat pavement and running up and down a mountain.
  • Sunday: Weight circuit (skipped legs today!), 50 minutes on the elliptical.

Total Distance: 18.6 miles
Average Pace: 11:48 per mile, and I'm not even sad about it. That's what I get for running up mountains.


Last Week's Goals:
  1. Run 20 miles, with a long run of 11. (Hit the long run, missed the total mileage.)
  2. Run four times. (Just three.)
  3. Get to the gym at least once for cross training. (Exceeded; hit the gym twice, though both were days I'd intended to run.)

Goals for Next Week:

  1. Run three times.
  2. Run 20 miles with a long run of 11.5.
  3. Get to the gym at least once for cross training.

How does your calorie intake look after a long run? 
I find myself feeling hungry every hour or so after my Saturday/Sunday long runs, and while I don't eat more than I burn (for the most part) I'm sure not losing weight as quickly as I could if I ignored that hunger pang!

Have any of you heard of the Beat the Blerch race coming up this September? Is anyone planning to run it?

No comments:

Post a Comment