This was a beautiful week from a runner's perspective. I made it through the registration process for Beat the Blerch, which I've heard was not the outcome for many. I've never tried signing up for a race that has filled up, before, so I had no idea what to expect. Apparently we shut down RaceIt!
That brings me up to three half marathons, this year, which is something I hadn't intended. After my first half in July, I ended up out for the count for about two weeks, so I'm hoping for quick recoveries during my May/June halfs so I rock them both. We'll see.
I also started casually looking through potential marathons I might tackle next year (if you're looking for a race, check out gametiime.com!) and found the Bellingham Bay Marathon. Bellingham will always have a special place in my heart, so it seems almost like kismet that I should pick B'ham as the location of my full marathon in 2015. Good lord, that's a goal I never even imagined I'd write down for others to see.
If anyone ever needs a reason to love Bellingham, Washington, check out the view from my dorm room during Sophomore year:
And allow me to introduce you to Mallard Ice Cream (one of several reasons for my Sophomore 25):
Here's how my week of training went:
- Monday: Hike up Little Si (North Bend, WA) after school. 4.24 miles of beauty, 1285 feet of elevation gain.
- Tuesday: 34 minutes on the elliptical. Stopped 16 minutes early; got weak-shaky-low-blood-sugary. Working on this.
- Wednesday: 4.63 miles / 9:02 pace. Group run from Everyday Athlete in Juanita. It was Asics Night, so they set up each up with a pair of running shoes to try out. Loved 'em!
- Thursday: 4.00 miles / 9:03 pace. Quick out-and-back on the Sammamish River Trail.
- Friday: No run, but I bought myself a sweet awesome hardcore backpack for my upcoming Europe Adventure!
- Saturday: 12.00 miles / 9:24 pace. Torrential downpour. Note to self: don't wear your rain jacket on a run. It gets too hot after a mile.
- Sunday: 50 minutes on the elliptical before Mom/Daughter day in Seattle!
Total Distance: 20.63 miles
Average Pace: 9:15 per mile
Last Week's Goals:
- Run three times. (Met it!)
- Run 20 miles with a long run of 11.5. (Beat both!)
- Get to the gym at least once for cross training. (Beat it!)
- Run three times.
- Run 20 miles with a long run of 13.1. Let's rock a half marathon next weekend!
- At least one weight circuit, girl.