I did, however, get to see YOUR amazing shots on Instagram and live a little bit vicariously through those. Only 25 days till I fly off to Scotland, so here's to the hikes and adventures I'll have in a little over three weeks' time!
Several Silver Linings:
- I had my first PT appointment for my knee and it went pretty well. She did the basic tests of strength and range of motion on both legs/hips, and concluded that I had a weak butt (okay, weak gluteus medius and gluteus maximus) which wasn't absorbing enough of the strain put on my knee while running. This is also what caused my ankle pain back in September, so I have got a series of super butt workouts to rock for the next month. Here's hoping my jeans still fit by the end of all of this. :)
- I finished my first (of two) summer class! This was an insane two weeks as a full-time student, with three group projects (who does that with just nine days of class?) and some serious presentations. I start my next class on Tuesday and will be done on July 18th, with a little over a week and a half to prepare for jetting off to Europe on the 31st. :)
|The best kind of recovery involves marathoning new television shows (The Night Shift!) and rejoicing in the way your knee feels when it's been taped up by a pro.|
Here's how my week of training went:
- Monday: Dog walk.
- Tuesday: Weight circuit (arms, core, upper back) and a dog walk.
- Wednesday: Physical Therapy and a dog walk.
- Thursday: Weight circuit (legs, core, lower back), 20 minutes on a stationary bike, dog walk. Also dinner with my runbuddy Lindsay and her husband, which was the BEST way I could think of to celebrate being done with my first class!
- Friday: Dog walk... and then a walk to gelato. Because we enjoy Italian desserts on American holidays. FREEDOM.
- Saturday: Dog walk.
|This little guy really wanted to join Lucy and I on our walk.|
- Sunday: Two dog walks and a pasta-making class with my Pops.
Total Distance: Shh.Average Pace: Just stop.
Last Week's Goals:
- Get on the weight machines at the IMA at least once. (Twice! Bam!)
- PT. (I don't know how you can fail this goal. Can you rock it?)
- Reign in the calorie consumption, girl. (Eehhhhhh medium.)
- Weights twice (arms on Tuesday, legs on Thursday).
- PT. Keep up with exercises.
- Spin and elliptical at least twice.