Thank you to everyone who entered the Reebok Spartan Race giveaway over the last week! It was so fun to host the first giveaway on my little fledgling blog, and reading all of your reasons for wanting to flex those Spartan muscles was inspiring.
Using the powers of the internet, the randomly-chosen winner was (and I promise everyone's name was on there, the window only fit the first ten contestants before I needed to scroll to add more):
Congratulations Jane! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for your race registration code. :)
Here's how my week of training went:
- Monday: Graduate school is back in session! Rest day.
- Tuesday: 3.01 miles / 10:32 pace. Ran with my teacher buddy again this Tuesday. :)
- Wednesday: 3.19 miles / 8:55 pace. I led (I LED!) the run group along one of my favorite Juanita routes. Having fun not feeling like the newbie, anymore.
- Thursday: Was feeling "off," didn't go to the gym liked I'd intended. Realized why when I woke up on Friday with a sore throat. :(
- Friday: Still not feeling great, went on a walk with my parents before family dinner night.
- Saturday: 13.11 miles / 9:26 pace. Made it back up to half marathon distance despite still having the crud.
- Sunday: Solo hiked up to Poo Poo Point on Tiger Mountain! 7.4 miles of awesome.
|Trying out a new fuel. Lauren's Mega Nuts (aka: Peanut Butter Booyah) was the perfect mid-ascent treat to keep me going.|
|My expression when I got to the top to find myself socked in with fog.|
|Luckily, the fog cleared enough for some paragliders to take off... and promptly disappear.|
Average Pace: 9:31 per mile
Last Week's Goals:
- Run three times. (Met it)
- Run 20 miles with a long run of 13.1. Let's rock a half marathon next weekend! (Almost met the mileage, but definitely hit the long run goal!)
- At least one weight circuit, girl. (Oops.)
- Run three times.
- Run 20 miles and rock the Seahawks 12k on Sunday!
- At least one weight circuit. For real this time.