Here's how my week of training went:
- Monday: 60 minutes of Power Yoga.
- Tuesday: 3.03 miles / 8:31 pace. First run post-race.
- Wednesday: Last tech meeting of the year, and then my exercise became packing my car with my belongings for a housesitting adventure.
- Thursday: I had other important things to attend to. Like a Backstreet Boys concert.
- Friday: Family dinner night, walked the pug afterward.
- Saturday: 6.00 miles / 9:01 pace. Was planning on 9, but my body wasn't feelin' it.
- Sunday: Long walk around the neighborhood with an adorable (and very active) dog.
Total Distance: 9.03 milesAverage Pace: 8:51 per mile
Last Week's Goals:
- Yoga twice. (Dang, just got there once this week.)
- Try to run on Tuesday. 2-3 miles, nice easy pace. (Rocked it.)
- Saturday long run. Last July after my first half marathon, I completely fell off the long run wagon as soon as the half was over. I have another half in June (the Snoqualmie Valley Half Marathon) so I've got to work on not losing distance. (Um, kinda? 6 miles isn't exactly long, but it's longer than my weekday runs.)
- Try to hit 10 miles next Saturday.
- Go on a hike!
How long does it take you to recover from races? Do you give yourself a bit of time off, or do you jump right back into your training?
I tend to take at least two days before I can run a short distance, and longer distances take me more recovery time. I also don't push myself too hard; I've given myself too many overuse injuries over this past year to do that again! I'm anxious about my next half in three weeks, but I know my body can do it. It's all a mental game, now. :)