That beautiful golden orb in the sky sure hasn't hurt my chances of getting out there and soaking it in.
Here's how my week of training went:
- Monday: Lazy day. Was feeling too sick for a run, went for a walk instead.
- Tuesday: 65 minutes Hatha yoga.
- Wednesday: Ladies Night with Oiselle at Everyday Athlete! 3.28 miles / 8:47 pace
- Thursday: 4.02 miles / 8:23 pace. This was my ENERGYbits trial run! For a chance to win a free sample of ENERGYbits, check out my giveaway.
- Friday: Walk after family dinner.
- Saturday: Group run with Eastside Runners. Somehow I always end up being one of few who choose the longest route, and none of the other distance runners run at my pace, so I tend to run on my own and meet everyone for breakfast. This is especially amusing when I'm lost and need to check a map every five seconds. 9.42 miles / 8:44 pace
Luckily I was able to check my map on Nike+ and compare as I ran. PHEW!
- Sunday: Hike up Little Si with my dad. 4.8 miles of wilderness.
After our hike, we stopped by one of my dad's friends' houses to check out their grumble of pugs.
Total Distance: 16.72 milesAverage Pace: 8:40 per mile
Last Week's Goals:
- Yoga. (YEP!)
- Try to hit 10 miles next Saturday. (Close. There wasn't a 10 mile route, and I was pretty much done at 9.4 anyway.)
- Go on a hike! (YES!)
- Monday/Tuesday: Focus on preparing for Tuesday's end of the year event. I'm not going to worry about getting my workouts in until Wednesday.
- Wednesday: 5 miles. Thursday: yoga and/or 3-4 miles. Sunday: 10-12 miles.
- Go on a hike!