- Getting 6 credits completed in one month.
- School. Obviously I love school.
- Hanging out on UW's beautiful campus everyday.
|Seriously. This is one of our bathrooms. I half expect to run into Moaning Myrtle when I'm in there.|
- THE IMA. Holy mother of goodness, this gym is fantastic and
freea required charge on my tuition statement, so DUH I'm going to use it. Especially since running is apparently not an option for a while (I see a PT this week) and I really could use some cross training options. Bless you, elliptical machine.
- Three more weeks of full-time student status until my summer truly begins.
- SO. MUCH. WORK. Luckily, as a graduate student I'm of age to study in excellent places.
I'd say the pros far outweigh the cons, though, and I'm psyched for the next three weeks of learning.
Here's how my week of training went:
- Monday: No workout. Bi-monthly dietitian checkup and dinner with a teacher friend who is wondering why I'm going to graduate school over summer vacation. Me too, friend. Me too.
- Tuesday: 45 minutes on the elliptical, then hangin' out with Mary Lambert and Matt Nathanson.
- Wednesday: 50 minutes on the elliptical.
- Thursday: No workout. But I did do lots of homework! Yeehaw.
- Friday: 50 minutes on the elliptical.
- Saturday: Tried for a 3-5 mile run. Made it 0.5 miles, then had to stop. KNEE GET BETTER OKAY? Walked the rest of my 3 mile route.
- Sunday: 65 minutes of Hatha yoga and a walk with the dog I'm watching for the next two weeks.
Total Distance: Shh.Average Pace: Just stop.
Last Week's Goals:
- I didn't write goals because I was cranky. Maybe my goal was to be less cranky?
- Get on the weight machines at the IMA at least once.
- Reign in the calorie consumption, girl.